Diet can can boost and support your immune function whether you have a cold or a viral infection.
1. Taking 1-2g Vit C per day reduces length and severity of colds and viral infections, include sources such as oranges, papaya, strawberries and tomato juice.
2. Vit A is required In the production of macrophages, which is a type of white blood cell that engulf harmfull substances in the body. Vit A comes in 2 forms in our diet, retinoids which come from animal sources such as liver and milk and carotenoids which we find in plants such as carrots, butternut, sweet potatoes and kale.Please be careful when taking Vit A supplements, as it’s not advised for pregnant women.
3. Zinc has also been found to reduce the duration and severity of viral infections such as colds…dietary sources include eggs, nuts, seeds, lentils and chick peas.
4. Protein is required for healing and recovery. Ensure that you have a well balanced diet.
5. Other beneficial nutrients or foods include: